The little Brda hills, scattered above the emerald River Soča, just beg to be explored by bike – any day of the year.
The winding roads will take you through numerous little villages, and along the way you will encounter a variety of fine local food and top quality products.
Hilly, diverse and green, and above all without any heavy traffic, this region offers more than 280 km of cycling pleasure on nine terraces. The trails, named after local Brda fruit, run over hilly terrain between numerous view – ing points. The roads are best suited to trail and road bikes. The Sabotin hill offers exceptional views stretching to the highest mountains of Slovenia and down to the sea, and is also a favourite spot for mountain bikers. Five marked cycling trails for a special experience along the trails of the tempestuous First World War.
Brda is a proper paradise for hikers and adrenaline-seekers. We can enhance the rich selection of active leisure pursuits in nature with an ecological note – the option of renting electric bikes and scooters. As you wander around this area, be sure to check out:
• the viewing tower at Gonjače,
• Šmartno, an enchanting medieval walled village,
• Grad Dobrovo, a late Renaissance castle,
• Vila Vipolže, a late Renaissance villa, the only one of its kind in Slovenia,
• The Alpe Adria Trail, a cross-border hiking trail linking three countries,
• Krčnik and Kotline, natural stone bridge and pools,
• Sabotin Peace Park.
TIPS FOR ACCOMODATION:
Cycling tours and trails
- Total length: 400 km
- Number of all tours: 14
- Marked trails: 5
- Lowest and highest points: 80–812 m above sea level